We are looking for efficient and desired people for:
Healthcare Assistants (HCA)
Registered Nurses (RN)
If you are interested to join us please download the application forms and post to our address or email us to email@example.com. Alternatively leave us a message in contact us page and one of our team member will be in touch with you.
Job Details and Requirements
The role involves contact on a physical and psychological level with patients and their families. The post holder will undertake a range of activities under the supervision of a registered nurse, senior staff having been assessed and deemed competent in the activities required.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1.1 Support the registered nurse in implementation of an agreed plan of care with the patient and in accordance with instructions and training received. 2 Help promote and maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers 3 Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the multidisciplinary team and Nursing Residential environment 4 Contribute to the legality and accuracy of the patients care plan/ and or other reports and the effectiveness of the established communication /reporting system over the full 24hrs 5 Participate in regular meetings and attend other meetings as requested 6 Undertake tasks and procedures, in which competency has been assessed and recorded specific to the care environment, including for example blood glucose monitoring 7 Participate in research activities as and when required. 8 Provide support and assistance to registered staff. 9 All team members are responsible for behaving in a manner that does not put themselves, patients, visitors and other team members in danger or at risk in the clinical environment 10 To assist in the maintenance of stock levels, including pharmaceutical products 11 To assist in the maintenance of home cleanliness and tidiness and adhere to infection control policy and procedures at all times 12 To assist the patient to ensure they have the opportunity to meet their individual dietary requirements. Ensuring all patients receive their chosen and correct meals 13 To receive and convey information from telephone or personal enquiries in a courteous manner and ensure all persons visiting the home are greeted and assisted in a welcoming and supportive manner 14 To assist and support registered nurses and clerical staff in administrative duties as required 15 To escort stable patients to and from all home to departments within the hospital
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: POLICIES AND PROCEDURES: The postholder is required to familiarise themselves with all policies and procedures and to comply with these at all times. Failure to comply with any of these policies may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal. These have been agreed with staff and Staff Side and are as follows: • Treat others as you would like to be treated • Listen to and support others and make time to do so • Seek, acknowledge and value others’ experience and contribution • Acknowledge others’ beliefs • Be courteous and considerate to all • Treat others fairly and equally • Be honest and trustworthy and act with integrity • Encourage others to treat all staff with respect • Challenge the behaviour of staff who do not show respect to others CONFIDENTIALITY & DATA PROTECTION The postholder must maintain the confidentiality of information about patients, staff and other health service business and meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act (1998) at all times. The postholder must comply with all company Information and Data Protection policies at all times.
HEALTH AND SAFETY: Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed on them under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and any subsequent relevant legislation and must follow these in full at all times including ensuring that they act in line with all agreed procedures at all times in order to maintain a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. Failure to comply with these policies may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal.
MANAGING STRESS : The company has an agreed policy & procedure which links with a range of services and arrangements for staff to manage stress. All staff are required to familiarise themselves with the policy and services to best manage their own and their colleagues’ stress.
HEALTHCARE ASSOCIATED INFECTIONS (HCAIs): All staff have a responsibility to act and follow all instructions to protect patients, staff and others from HCAIs. All staff are required to follow the Hygiene Code and all company policies and procedures related to it and the Health Act 2006. Failure to comply with any of these may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY: The company has adopted a Managing Staff Diversity Strategy & Policy covering all of its staff and it is the responsibility of all staff to comply with these requirements at all times. The key responsibilities for staff under this Strategy and Policy are set out in the Code of Conduct for Employees. Failure to comply with these policies may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal.
FLEXIBILITY: This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. The postholder is required to be flexible in developing their role in agreement with their designated manager. In addition they may be required by their manager to carry out any other duty commensurate with their banding and expertise.
DIMENSIONS : Assist and support new HCAs . Post holder has no managerial or budgetary responsibility.
The candidate will need to be working towards an NVQ 2 or have The Care Certificate.
Duties include the following:
- washing and dressing
- helping people to mobilise
- bed making
- generally assisting with patients' overall comfort
- monitoring patients' conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respirations and weight.
Minimum 2 years experience in a healthcare role.
Purpose of the job: You will be responsible for generating income for the business and achieving KPIs assigned to you, with scope for additional duties in the future.
Responsible to: Director /Regional Management
None to begin with but opportunity to grow a team around you in the event that you grow your desk to a suitable level.
- Responsible for generating income for the business
- Responsible to clients and candidates
- Responsible for performing to consistently high standards and achieving KPIs and targets set by the business
- Responsible for day-to-day decision making for your desk.
- Working to a pre-defined list of KPIs to bring on new clients
- Registering new candidates and accurately placing their details onto the company database
- Keeping and maintaining accurate and compliant client records
- Making [permanent staff] [temporary worker] placements in line with company targets
- Making outbound, proactive sales calls to prospective companies to generate new business
- Booking yourself out on company visits (in line with company KPIs) to ensure strong conversions of sales for the business
- Taking client booking requirements accurately over the phone and face to face, Achieving gross profit targets for the business
- Reporting weekly activity and sales figures to the Branch Manager.
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 08.30 to 17.30 (although may be required to work additional hours to complete your daily duties from time to time).
Salary and benefits:
Commission (as set out in our Commission Policy), which will be paid into your bank account monthly via BACS.
[Company pension scheme: (details within company handbook)]
Opportunity to recruit and lead a recruitment team and to grow the company brand.
Other information: N/A
Knowledge, training, skills and qualifications required:
- Previous experience of running business development desks
- Knowledge of the Healthcare Professional sector
- Knowledge of working to KPIs or targets
- Experience of calculating efficiencies (ratios) and monitoring business performance desirable
- Confident and assertive personality
- Open and approachable manner
- Highly driven and self-motivated
- Able to work with little or no supervision whilst maintaining a consistently high standard of work
- Strong sales ability with a proven track record of achieving sales targets
- Must be highly organised with sound administration skills
- Good overall knowledge of legislation affecting an everyday agency environment desirable.
Transport and availability:
Must be available for out-of-hours mobile service to clients .
Preferably within an easy commute of our offices in Newmilton.
Other requirements: None